How a foreigner can marry in Pakistan foreigner marriage is in Pakistan not very difficult. And It is allowed for a foreign woman and man to marry a Pakistani woman/man in Pakistan. In case if foreigner is woman she is not required to change her religion if she is either a Christian or a Jew. But for male foreigner if he is not Muslim then he have to convert his religion and become Muslim.
It is recommended that a lawyer be present on wedding so that he can guarantee that all clauses of Muslim Family Laws Ordinance are satisfied. A marriage certificate is known as “nikah nama” in Pakistan. The marriage certificate of Pakistan also needs to be stamped by the Pakistan Foreign office.
Some useful information for foreigner who wish to travel in Pakistan for getting marriage with Pakistan citizen.
Foreigner who wish to marry with pakistan citizen in Pakistan must fulfill some requirements which are not so difficult.
- Foreigner must have a valid passport and valid visa like tourist visa, business visa, Family visa, transit visa.
- No impediment to marriage certificate from your home country, some time it is mandatory in Pakistan for registration of foreigner marriage in Pakistan.
- If you have been divorced than divorce decree or final order from your country concern official department must needed and if you are widowed then death certificate of your deceased partner is needed.
- A foreign divorce will usually be recognized in Pakistan if it was valid in the country where it took place.
- Pakistani citizen must have original copy CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card) at the time of marriage.
- The bride and groom should not within the degrees of prohibited relationship.
- At the time of marriage couple have to bring at least 2 male witnesses with them. In case for some reason you can not bring witnesses with you at the time of marriage then we can provide witnesses which will be on extra charges.
- Four passport size photographs of the foreigner spouse.
How Foreigner marriage in Pakistan will Perform.
Nikah is the formal marriage ceremony where a marriage contract is signed by both the bride and the groom in presence of two witnesses or close family members.
The nikah is performed by a religious Marriage registrar or Nikah Khawan who in Pakistan will be licensed by the government to perform the Nikkah. The bride and groom must both have two witnesses present to ensure that the marriage is consensual.
Processing time of registration of foreigner citizen marriage
- To avoid the unnecessarily delay it is advised that you have to contact us at least 3 to 4 days.
- you have to provide us photo copies of your all required documents before visiting us. You can send through email or whats app or whatever convenient to you..
- We check your whole documents to confirm whether your marriage can legally registered or not.
- The Nikkah khawan marriage registrar will complete your manual Nikah Nama. Which are mostly in our national language Urdu but we also arrange Nikah Nama in English
- After the nikkah Ceremony you will be provided with the original Nikah Nama in Urdu language. Which will written by nikah registrar on the same day but some time it is issued on the next day.
- Marriage certificate mostly known as Nadra Computerized Marriage Certificate shall be issued within 5 workings day by the concerned authority.
We hope it will be very useful legal information for requirements for foreigner marriage in the Pakistan.
We provide legal services to the foreigners for documentation and registration of their marriage in Pakistan and further attestation of marriage documents in Pakistan.