Where I file my divorce case in Pakistan 

Q: How would I know where my divorce case will be filed in Pakistan?
A: Your case can be filed where marriage has taken place or where marriage was registered; where the defendant is residing. Wife can also file a case at the place where she ordinarily resides.

Q: What are the ways marriage can be dissolved in Pakistan?
A: Marriage can be dissolved in any of the given ways i.e. divorce by the husband at his will without the intervention of a court commonly called a “Talaq”; by mutual consent of the husband and wife, without intervention of the court; by a judicial decree at the instance of the court and by the wife in exercise of a contractual right of divorce and Khula through by intervention of the family court.

Related Articles


A Muslim Marriage is a civil contract which can be executed and dissolved like any other contract, however it is automatically dissolved on the death of either spouses. Additionally spouses legal right to dissolve marriage contract is also recognized in Islam and hence both are entitled with a religious rights to dissolve a marriage. Husband […]
Read more

Mona Lisa of Afghan War Sharbat Gula Will Not Be Deported From Pakistan

Nat Geo’s famed ‘Afghan Girl’ Sharbat Gula will not be deported from Pakistan, said government official Shaukat Yousafzai on Saturday. Sharbat Gula was arrested by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) on Oct 26 from her house in the Nauthia area for alleged forgery of a Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC). A day after her arrest, […]
Read more

Marriage contracted by a divorce lady before completion of iddat period could not be void

Marriage contracted by a divorce lady before completion of iddat period could not be void marriage could not be in un Islamic or against sharia it could be irregular 2016 CLC 717 Ref 2004 YLR 1229 2005 PLD lah 126 PLD 1988 FSC 89
Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search for:
Law Society Pakistan Law Firm
Send via WhatsApp